Join us on Saturday, September 24 for the first annual Focus on the Fox event. This FREE family-focused event will include many different ways to celebrate and enjoy the Fox River. The event will take place in and around the 1000 Islands Nature Center and provide opportunities to explore, learn, and even get a little wet!
Schedule of Activities click on the activity for more information
- 10:00-12:00 Fox River Cleanup with the Fox-Wolf Watershed Alliance
- 10:00-12:00 Paper Making with Ahlstrom-Munksjo – drop by anytime!
- 10:00-3:00 Learn to Fish with the Kaukauna High School Fishing Team – drop by anytime!
- 10:00-3:00 Photo Scavenger Hunt – connect the river to many different parts of our lives and environment plus earn a chance for prizes!
- 10:00-3:00 Friends of 1000 Islands Food Stand – enjoy some lunch and learn more about the organization
- 10:00 Guided Nature Hike
- 12:00-2:00 Crayfish & Critter Hunt – drop by anytime!
- 12:30 Guided Nature Hike
- 2:00 Guided Nature Hike
- 2:00 The Power of the River Documentary Viewing
- Ahlstrom-Munksjo Information Booth – learn more about their sustainable products including some free giveaways
- Fox-Wolf Watershed Alliance Information Booth – learn about the organization and how they protect our local rivers
- Kaukauna Utilities Information Booth – learn how hydroelectricity is created, test your ability to create electricity and understand the KU’s commitment to sustainability.
The Focus on the Fox event has been generously sponsored by the family of Thomas Zwicker.
We would like to thank the following organizations for taking time to join us for the event:
- Fox-Wolf Watershed Alliance
- Friends of 1000 Islands
- Kaukauna Utilities
- Kaukauna High School Fishing Team
- Kaukauna High School Environmental Activism Club