Due to increasing cases of COVID-19 in the area, the City of Kaukauna has decided to close all municipal buildings to the public, with the exception of early voting. As 1000 Islands is part of the City of Kaukauna, this closure includes the Nature Center building.
All building rentals have been suspended for the remainder of 2020.
Limited public programming will be available. Stay tuned to the 1000 Islands Facebook page.
The property and trail system remain open until 11 PM. A porta-potty, located at the end of the parking lot across from the softball diamond, will be available for visitors. Before using the trail system, please be sure you are following these guidelines and policies:
- All visitors should be healthy and free of any symptoms of illness
- Smoking and/or vaping is not allowed on the Conservancy Zone
- Pets are not allowed anywhere on the property
- Familiarize yourself on other property policies. Signs are posted at most trail heads. Some of those policies include:
- Please stay on the trails, except to safely step aside to allow other visitors to pass
- No collecting of wildflowers or other natural items
- No littering. Please use the garbage and recycling bins responsibly
- Neither bikes nor skateboards are allowed on the trail system
Please stay safe and do your part to control the spread.